Seven Secrets You Must Know About GodPosted by Vic on Oct 27, 2010 in God, Spirituality | 25 comments
Atheists, agnostics, Catholics, self-proclaimed Christians and other religious members, I have a question for you guys… do you really know the God of the Bible? Perhaps atheists will say yes, because that is the reason why they departed from Christianity (some clever atheists claimed that they already know the contents of the Holy Scriptures). Maybe people who call themselves Christians will also say yes because that is what they preached (they claimed that they are Bible scholars). Now I have secrets to tell you about God that can test how depth is your knowledge and understanding about the God of the Bible. Knowing the true personality of God can give us the privilege to accurately recognize Him and decide whether to worship Him or reject Him. Below are seven things you must completely understand about the God introduced in the Holy Scriptures.
1. God cannot do everything. Yes, He can’t do everything. He cannot lie and he cannot break His promises. This inability of God is what makes Him perfect and have the power to harmonize everything in the Universe. Just imagine if your god lies and breaks his promises, what chaos and disorder would it bring? Unlike the devil who is the king of darkness and deception, the God of the Bible is a God of light and truth who fulfills His promises.
Hebrews 6:18 (NKJV)
that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.
Psalm 89:34 (NKJV)
My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.
2. God is not everywhere. God is watching us wherever we are. But does it mean He need to go everywhere to watch us wherever we are? Of course that is not necessary. You can even watch your home in Georgia through your surveillance camera even if you’re in California. Some say that God is omnipresent because He is the energy that encompasses everything. And since everything is found everywhere, He is everywhere (really?). Others suggest that since He is the Creator of everything, He must be found everywhere (does it mean when you build a house you are everywhere in that house?). A simple conclusion tells that God doesn’t need to tap our shoulders to watch us – so He doesn’t need to come to us to watch us.
Proverbs 15:3 (NKJV)
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Keeping watch on the evil and the good.
3. God forgets. This doesn’t mean God has amnesia and God doesn’t fulfill His promises. This means that when God forgives us, he also forget our sins. People find it difficult to forgive someone because it’s hard for them to forget that person’s offenses. But if we will only look deeper how God forgive people, we will understand that He is really applying the “forgive and forget” technique.
Hebrews 8:12 (NIV)
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
4. God don’t tempt anyone with evil. Do you think that God is the one who is responsible for tempting you with evil temptations (lust, greed, gluttony, et cetera) just to test your spiritual strength? If that is true, then where is the devil – is he sleeping? The devil is just around the corner waiting for his victim. The devil has already been judged to be punished eternally in hell. This is the reason why he is doing everything to deceive and tempt anyone whom he can drag with him in the eternal fire. God cannot be tempted, and he cannot also tempt His children.
James 1:13 (NKJV)
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
5. God cannot fully control your free will. God’s power is beyond imagination. Thinking that humans whom He created has no power to make their own choice degrades God’s ability to create. He is not just like us who can only create robots. He is a powerful God that creates human beings with free will. Do you think you are just a remote controlled humanoid designed to decorate the Earth? Furthermore, if we don’t have free will, then God can just press the button to make us righteous enough to be saved and enter the kingdom of heaven. Haven’t you comprehended the essence of hell? This is where you will go if you choose evil.
Deuteronomy 30:19 (NKJV)
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;
6. God is faithful. We know that God requires us to have true faith in Him. Some people don’t like to just have faith and believe in things they do not see. That is why it’s hard for them to be faithful in God whom is invisible through their naked eyes. But what if you will realize that God is so faithful to you? Do you know that even if He clearly sees you and your clear actions of sins, He still remains to be faithful to you? Whom would you choose: the one whom you can see but hurt you or the one whom you don’t see but makes you feels His love? Isn’t it we have the easier task of having faith in Him whom is physically invisible but spiritually powerful?
2 Timothy 2:13 (NKJV)
If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
7. You are the temple of God. Does God reside in your majestic and beautifully built concrete church or temple? God is a spirit and He doesn’t dwell on temple made by human hands which perishes when time elapses. We are the temple of God and that His Spirit dwells in us. So if you are destroying your own body and putting in it nicotine, too much alcohol, high cholesterol, tattoos, diseases from unclean women, as well as greed, envy, wrath, deceit and other impurities in your body or soul, then you are dishonoring the one who originally made yourself – God. Will He still reside in you? I don’t think so.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (NKJV)
Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
Acts 17:24 (NKJV)
God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
We do not say “I believe in someone” if we don’t know him; and this applies to our belief in God. God Himself tells us to patiently test our faith and justify it by having the full knowledge of God. Our faith should also be mixed with our actions and that is by reading the Words and practicing them. Our practice should not only be through enforcement, but also through love – a kind of love that first given to us by God. Knowing Him is very important for we should know whom we are worshiping or declining. That is why we must do our best to know and understand Him so that we might not be obeying a wrong God or rejecting a right God. Finally, we must not only learn the natural things, but we must also understand the spiritual things in able to realize those which are even more powerful and invisible than atoms and its sub particles.
- 7 Secrets to Real Success
- 7 Secrets to Real Happiness
- How to Know the Secret Things of God?
- How to Become Spiritual in Four Steps
- How to Find God?